FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

BEST lock breakdown

<<

jarrett

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: BEST lock breakdown

Haze wrote:Pictures aren't showing up for me, but I could really use this guide/breakdown. Any idea what the issue is?

Matt Blaze has a website called crypto.com I think. Exellent breakdown of best locks and a few others. :hbg:
<<

cyrano138

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 am

"One cyrano video was all that I needed to cure my serratatosus."
<<

Geoman1217

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm

This was an awesome explanation of how this lock works. I have a 7 pin best core in an American pad lock and was having a very hard time with it, but I'm gonna try modifying a tension wrench to look like the Peterson tension wrench. I saw a caliper measuring out one of the tension wrenches once and was wondering if anyone know where that is, off hand? Shows the spacing measurments and tooth size...
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Geoman1217 wrote:This was an awesome explanation of how this lock works. I have a 7 pin best core in an American pad lock and was having a very hard time with it, but I'm gonna try modifying a tension wrench to look like the Peterson tension wrench. I saw a caliper measuring out one of the tension wrenches once and was wondering if anyone know where that is, off hand? Shows the spacing measurments and tooth size...

Although this message is old, perhaps the information may still be of interest..... There are varying thickness of stock for use in different keyways, but the idea is the same for each.

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:21 pm

I think it was Flywheel who posted a thread with details high quality pics and measurments of this tool in various thicknesses. Im sure he will link it once he sees this or someone will.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:I think it was Flywheel who posted a thread with details high quality pics and measurments of this tool in various thicknesses. Im sure he will link it once he sees this or someone will.

Ahh OK - if someone already has done that, so much the better. I measured mine, and the thicknesses are 15, 26, and 33 thou.

If you were at the stage where your next step was to drill, I wonder if it would be possible to krazy glue the control sleeve to the core with a tiny drop of glue? That would make it much easier to pick, and if it worked you could disassemble the core, heat it some with a torch to get it apart, then clean everything and reassemble it.
Previous

Return to BEST