FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Does this count?

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 am

Does this count?

I have a Best 7 pin interchangeable core. I picked it to the control key shear line. So....does that count as having picked the lock? If this were on a locked door would that allow the lock to be removed and the door opened?

I was also wondering, how do I take this apart? Do I have to remove these rivets?

<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:11 am

Re: Does this count?

Well, I can't tell you for sure, but generally if the core is removed the door can be opened with a screw driver. So technically you scored. Plus, since most of us enjoy taking locks apart, you scored even bigger! :P

Not sure on anything past that point, so I'll leave it up to someone else.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:00 pm

yes, once you have the core out you can open it up quite easily...
pliers, screwdriver, ect.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:53 pm

ratyoke wrote:I have a Best 7 pin interchangeable core. I picked it to the control key shear line. So....does that count as having picked the lock? If this were on a locked door would that allow the lock to be removed and the door opened?

I was also wondering, how do I take this apart? Do I have to remove these rivets?

to take apart best™ locks you need a variety of special dedicated tools.including a pinning block. (i would not suggest this for beginners)
get an american 1105 to get a feel of taking apart and reassembling locks.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 pm

I call it better in my book. I wouldn't really take those apart unless i really needed to. there are key pins,driver pins,control pins,master pins,and grand master pins. they say that you might need a computer to do all the calculations and stuff to tell what size the pins you might need to use, ect. it might be a pain,especially because i heard that best I-cores cost a lot.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage

Return to BEST