FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Busy Locksmith Shops

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Busy Locksmith Shops

So I've worked at quite a few locksmith shops during my lifetime.

But my question to you guys is what do you consider to be a busy locksmith shop?

Is it busy because you get a lot of walk in customers, or service calls?

What in your opinion do you consider BUSY?

Is busy the number or service calls you have in a day, the number of keys you cut, the number of locks you rekeyed, the number of safe combinations to change?

I would like to know what is it in your particular field of locksmithing do you consider to be busy for you.

Thanks for any comments.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Busy Locksmith Shops

Our shop is busy in the way that we don't have enough time in between customers to process everthing that they order.
We also get enough calls that our techs on the road have a full schedule every day. And every lockout we get in has to be forced into the schedule.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:57 pm

We are pretty much constantly busy. Between walk ins, phone/fax/email orders, and 7 techs on the road.
I am finishing up a 200 core, almost 1000 key order. Took me the better part of a week and a half.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:30 pm

We have certain times we're busy in the shop, usually around lunchtime. Sometimes we'll go a few hours without any walk in customers.

We're pretty much always busy running service calls. Most evenings we have at least 1 tech working late. Business used to slow down in the winter, but hasn't in a couple years. We have to refer a lot of work away. All the reputable companies in town stay busy and send business to each other

Return to Professional Locksmiths