FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Divorce Rekey Jobs....

<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Divorce Rekey Jobs....

I attended a lockout call for a couple going through divorce.
The backstory... they are breaking up and the wife locked the husband out, even though he legally owns the house.

So I show up at the job ready to pick open one of the doors, and rekey the house.
The police arrive 30 minutes late, as usual, so I'm just hanging out chatting with the gentleman out front of the house.
Then the contractor shows up, the realtor, a lawyer and a family looking to buy the home. So there's about 6 cars in the small drive way.
So the police give me the go ahead that I can proceed with the picking so I start on one of the locks.
They are Schlage B662's (double sided) deadbolts all over the house. 6 Pinned.
I start picking the lock, with no avail. wondering Ok, it's a schlage, even 6 pin, not hard, whats going on?
At the same time I can feel the fifth pin binds really low, the sixth pin is a 0 or 1 cut hiding behind the fifth pin, and there are spool drivers along the top 6 pins.... After trying a few different locks, since they where a little older I decided to find one that felt the best for picking, sprayed the bad boy with lube and cracked it open.

After this happened I realized the wife must have asked the other locksmith if there's anyway to make the locks harder to pick open, in case the husband calls a locksmith, she didn't want him (or me being the other locksmith in this case) to get in easily. He obviously used a more difficult combination and out fitted the cylinder with spooled drivers as per request. No locksmith i know would do that unless the customer requested it.

Just thought I would drop you a little experience of one of the divorce call outs I experienced today.

- Digital Crack.
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Divorce Rekey Jobs....

I used to do this with a fellow locksmith. We would each pin up cylinders to see if the other could pick them. Very educational.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:15 am

Commercial lockies are like hired-guns. Have rake, will travel.
<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 am

I want a bogota rake, i've never tried one before.
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 am

loki wrote:Commercial lockies are like hired-guns. Have rake, will travel.

I resemble that remark.
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Professional Locksmiths