FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC CodeSource Review

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 am

HPC CodeSource Review

I got a copy of CodeSource free when I bought my Punch machine, it's the Code Source Light version. I just got it installed and thought I would tell everybody about the functionality. For anybody who has used Instacode, you may not like this program, although the expensive version may be better I don't know. The overall layout and graphics leave alot to be desired I find it to be harder to use than the Instacode. I do have one huge problem with this software, witht the Light version, you CAN't print code cards. That really sucks. However, I do see codes for locks that you really can't find with Instacode, more brands to search etc, has lots of info that way, even has onboard program instructions that have better detail than the Instacode. We will see how it all works out. Here is a link to the software comparisons of the Code Source. http://www.hpcworld.com/Software/w_cscd.htm
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

acedrew

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: HPC CodeSource Review

Here's something to check out if you don't want to spend the money on master keying software. It will need some polish, but it does seem to generate valid codes. It is primarily based off my experience with SC4(KIK, Mortise, RIM), so it might need additional features for other applications...

Never mind I just figured out what I was missing in my theory, it will need some rework to not create unintended key intersections...

http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4870&p=38455#p38455

Andrew

Return to Professional Locksmiths