FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Schlage Primus Sidebar Tool

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Schlage Primus Sidebar Tool

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I opened a Primus for the first time using a homemade tool that was very easy to make. I have had a lot of success with it, and believe that with the tool anyone who can pick a Schlage lock can also pick a Primus. I have a video of a Primus sidebar opening in seconds with it, and at least one other fellow picker has had success with it already. It's not really a bypass but it almost feels like one. I'm hoping other fellow pickers struggling with the lock will try it and post their results.

I got the idea by watching one of Potti's videos on youtube of him essentially raking a Primus sidebar open with a shallow hook. After seeing that I tried the technique using a .015" dimple style pick and it worked. After that I used some leftover .015" feeler gauge to build my first tool and it worked even better. The tool is really just a sidebar rake that allows the finger pins to go fully fore to fully aft, and with some light tension it should open a Primus sidebar in a few seconds to a few minutes. It was made with just basic files, sandpaper and a Dremel.

The sidebar rake needs to fit under the finger pins and should sit flat at the bottom of the keyway. I used .015" thickness steel in my first tool and .018" for my second tool. One of the reasons I made the second tool thicker is because I purchased a Everest LFIC Primus and there is more space at the bottom of the keyway. Using a Dremel to remove excess material, and making it the proper width with a flat file I then made multiple serrations using a square file. I believe that square serrations grab the finger pins better than if it was made with a round file. I don't have exact dimensions but by viewing the pictures people should get a general idea of the finished tool. There are probably many designs that could work as long as it allows the finger pins to go fully fore to fully aft.

Picking the Primus...

First things first you need to pick the pin tumblers. Once they are all set at shearline you will get a fair amount of plug rotation. Next insert the sidebar rake under the finger pins and start raking forward to back quickly while slightly tilting the right side of the tool upwards so it can grip and rotate the finger pins. You will start to feel some of the finger pins setting and once they are all set the lock will open.

Here is the first tool I made using .015". It worked very quickly (less than 10 seconds) but was a bit too small for the LFIC

This is the second tool I made using .018". After picking the pin tumblers it took about 30 seconds to rake the sidebar.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:53 am

Re: Schlage Primus Sidebar Tool

Thanks,
This is great information! Now, I might have a chance at picking a Primus.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 pm

jharveee wrote:Thanks,

I hope you have success with it!

I have only two Primus locks and it has worked on both. My friend who also made his own it worked for as well so I hope this technique will work on all Primus locks.

I forgot to mention on the thicker .018" tool I put an slanted tip (like a one sided knife edge) on the very tip of the rake so that it could slide under the finger pins more easily. You can barely see it in the last picture.
<<

whizdumb

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:24 am

greengrowlocks wrote:
jharveee wrote:Thanks,

I hope you have success with it!

I have only two Primus locks and it has worked on both. My friend who also made his own it worked for as well so I hope this technique will work on all Primus locks.

I forgot to mention on the thicker .018" tool I put an slanted tip (like a one sided knife edge) on the very tip of the rake so that it could slide under the finger pins more easily. You can barely see it in the last picture.

Great work and Thanks for sharing! Also, Welcome to the forums!
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

Realone414

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Just go to the dollar store and grab a pumpkin carving knife. They usually come in a set of 3 with different sizes and teeth spacing. It is perfect if you file down the teeth just a little bit! Don't waste time making one. Go on Amazon or ebay if it's not near Halloween.
Usually these shapes of blades.

___^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

----∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Great work. :salute:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.

Return to Schlage Primus