FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ASSA Twin Combi sidebar rotation code

<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon May 30, 2016 7:56 am

ASSA Twin Combi sidebar rotation code

How does the rotational part of the ASSA Twin Combi sidebar code work? Unfortunately all my Twin Combi's are in use so I can't disassemble one and find out.
Looking at the key, there isn't anything obviously controlling the rotation in the sidebar code itself. The cuts all seem the same angle etc.
So, what rotates the pins? Are they simply rotated as they pass "up/downhill" over the side cuts?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon May 30, 2016 8:35 am

Re: ASSA Twin Combi sidebar rotation code

Patrick Star wrote:How does the rotational part of the ASSA Twin Combi sidebar code work? Unfortunately all my Twin Combi's are in use so I can't disassemble one and find out.
Looking at the key, there isn't anything obviously controlling the rotation in the sidebar code itself. The cuts all seem the same angle etc.
So, what rotates the pins? Are they simply rotated as they pass "up/downhill" over the side cuts?

It has to do with the gravitational pull of Saturn in the month of May, while the house of Libra is in the seventh moon or whatever. Those who delve too deeply into the mysteries of ASSA Twin Combi have been known to be found dressed in a plaid jacket and paisley pants, with a Liverpool jersey while at a Manchester United game. Be warned! :mrgreen:

It has to do with where on the ramp the pins sit. If it is on the descending part of the ramp, the pin will be rotated one direction, on the ascending part of the ramp will rotate it the other direction. Not sure, but suspect straight angles are done when the key is just touching the opposite direction of the last angle, so it is nudged straight.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:53 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:It has to do with the gravitational pull of Saturn in the month of May, while the house of Libra is in the seventh moon or whatever. Those who delve too deeply into the mysteries of ASSA Twin Combi have been known to be found dressed in a plaid jacket and paisley pants, with a Liverpool jersey while at a Manchester United game. Be warned! :mrgreen:
Gordon

Hahaha... Having only recently emerged victorious over a regular ASSA Twin, I feel like I'm already in the paid jacket and paisley pants. Having to rotate the side pins would certainly push me over the edge of insanity, dropping me squarely in a Manchester United game wearing a Liverpool jersey :shock:
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:49 pm

On the plus side (or negative if you like really gnarly challenges), there are just two heights to go with those three rotations. And instead of false gates it has length-wise serrations. So might be doable without worse consequences than waking up naked in the middle of a major city.

(PS. Many thanks, GWiens2001; was kinda what I suspected, within a standard deviation at least)
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:06 pm

tumbl3r wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:It has to do with the gravitational pull of Saturn in the month of May, while the house of Libra is in the seventh moon or whatever. Those who delve too deeply into the mysteries of ASSA Twin Combi have been known to be found dressed in a plaid jacket and paisley pants, with a Liverpool jersey while at a Manchester United game. Be warned! :mrgreen:
Gordon

Hahaha... Having only recently emerged victorious over a regular ASSA Twin, I feel like I'm already in the paid jacket and paisley pants. Having to rotate the side pins would certainly push me over the edge of insanity, dropping me squarely in a Manchester United game wearing a Liverpool jersey :shock:

Don't feel bad. Still have not defeated an ASSA Twin Combi for a second time. Just once (like me), and it is luck.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm

How do the sidepin serrations act under tension?

Return to ASSA/Abloy