FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

eBay: Mul-T-Lock Anti-theft Auto Security - like 'The Club'

<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 am

eBay: Mul-T-Lock Anti-theft Auto Security - like 'The Club'

Hello Good Folks of KP,

Another interesting eBay.com find for your viewing/bidding pleasure:

MUL-T-LOCK Anti-theft High Security System (Club Style For Your Car) - [9 available]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUL-T-LOCK-Anti ... 2d&vxp=mtr

I've never seen this before but it looks pretty bad ass with a Mul-T-Lock padlock incorporated into a Club-styled automobile anti-theft device that locks onto your steering wheel.

A friend of mine had an el-cheapo device of this type that instead had a wafer lock that I raked open in 5 seconds flat, to his great shock. But, no way you're raking this Mul-T-Lock baby club open that's for sure.

Hmm, this makes my puny 'Club' feel very inadequate [Gordon insert joke here] ;)

Please note: I have no affiliation with the seller.

Happy lock hunting,
Sean

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 am

Re: eBay: Mul-T-Lock Anti-theft Auto Security - like 'The Cl

VancouverSpecial71 wrote:Hmm, this makes my puny 'Club' feel very inadequate [Gordon insert joke here] ;)

Sean

If I must, I must. :mrgreen: How do you install your puny club? Does it seem ineffective?

Personally think a steering wheel lock that hooks on the outer ring of the steering wheel is a complete waste of time. The data is available, but if you want to know what it is, PM me. (Don't want some crook googling how to get those things off very fast and finding my post telling them how to do it).

There are two lock formats that seem like they have a reasonable chance of success in at least slowing the thief down enough to move on. The first wraps around the central part of the steering wheel...

and the second is a brake pedal lock - it blocks the brake pedal from going down. :D

Both can be picked, but as we know, very few crooks actually pick locks.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I don't see many of these locks being used on vehicles these days - last one I worked on had a disc lock not sure it was a abloy or not - had to cut it off in the end
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't use them myself. An amateur is not going to 'hotwire' a car these days, and a professional will use a tow truck to steal the car. A thug will carjack someone for the car. So they are pretty much a waste of time. Just have a few that are part of my lock collection. The first one I posted is a dimple lock (from three sides), the second is tubular. Have one that is a cruciform, too.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:30 pm

good to have if your car - van is pre 1995 before ecu or transponders - true Gordon a tow truck is needed to steal cars these days

the bar that locked across the steering wheel- :hammering: infact made it easier for car thieves in the past -as it was used to break the steering lock off
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:14 am

GWiens2001 wrote:
VancouverSpecial71 wrote:Hmm, this makes my puny 'Club' feel very inadequate [Gordon insert joke here] ;)

Sean

If I must, I must. :mrgreen: How do you install your puny club? Does it seem ineffective?

Personally think a steering wheel lock that hooks on the outer ring of the steering wheel is a complete waste of time. The data is available, but if you want to know what it is, PM me. (Don't want some crook googling how to get those things off very fast and finding my post telling them how to do it).

There are two lock formats that seem like they have a reasonable chance of success in at least slowing the thief down enough to move on. The first wraps around the central part of the steering wheel...

and the second is a brake pedal lock - it blocks the brake pedal from going down. :D

Both can be picked, but as we know, very few crooks actually pick locks.

Gordon

Heya Gordon,

Thanks for all the great info - you never cease to amaze me :salute:
I have not seen either of those formats, however I have seen one that locks off the gearshift (in a standard).

I agree that the steering wheel ones are crap. However, my wife likes it and we continues to use it even after I explained how easy it was to remove - how's the saying go: happy wife = happy life, so we're keeping it. Not to mention it has a cruciform lock, which is the only lock of this type I own, so I occasionally sneak it out of the car to play with it.

Cheer,
Sean
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:55 am

Oh yeah. Forgot about that kind. Works on an automatic as well as a manual. That would be effective. Got one of those, too. But my wife would kill me if I installed one on her car.

Gordon
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 am

Wow! :-o
Now that's a key! Let's see them pick a curved keyway. :soldier:

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade