FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cole file cabinet with safe

<<

glock316

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:42 am

Re: Cole file cabinet with safe

Hello everyone I am Steve, have one of these cole steel cabinets with the combo locked. i dont have the combo but the Number at the back of the cabinet is N206293

Could someone please help me decode this?

thanks in advanced
<<

DrifterJoe

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Ok, I have read through the entire thread, to decode ,not to decode, that is still a question.... I have a Cole file/safe myself, and before I use a prybar I thought I would give this a shot and ask the experts.........my code is N-656582, if anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

Joe
<<

Papa_JD__

Post Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:30 am

Hey my name is J.D. I have purchased a cole cabinet with a combination lock. It was unlocked when I bought it and was not given the combination. I closed it out of reflex and spun the dial as smooth as if I knew what I was doing. Read a lot here and have not figured out how to decipher the "code" numbers behind the middle drawer. Anyway here are my numbers and would really appreciate any assistance. N-250562
<<

8daysaweek

Post Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:36 am

Hello. I'm Kevin and I'm brand new to the site, so please forgive my ignorance. I have read through some threads, and it seems as though some might be able to help me with an unknown combination to a Cole Steel cabinet safe I bought at an auction recently. The entire thing is empty, but I would very much like to use the safe.

<UPDATE> Thank you to anyone who would have answered this for me. After some more "puzzling it out" with the information I read on this site, I was able to figure out my combination!
<<

Paulben

Post Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:17 am

Hello! I recently purchased a cole steel filling cabinet with safe inside off of market place. Of course there was no key or code, but I already switched out the cam lock on the front but have had no lucks decoding the safe lock. The code on the inside reads N-102079.
<<

redstopgreengo123

Post Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi my name is Todd.. I like those before me have come to aquire a Cole safe with a combination lock I don't have the combination for. In the rear of the top drawer the previous owner had what could be safe manual, purchase receipt, and a 2nd key(not for door)

Wheel size is 3"
Code on back wall is N806329

The potential receipt has what looks like a combination string, but I can't get it to open. Can't believe iv never come across this forum. I've been hobby lock picking for years(I blame White Collar TV show, that guy picked locks every episode lol) but I appreciate any help if anyone can decipher the wall code

Ps. There isn't a gun in the safe. Lol. It's empty as far as I can't tell. I've flipped and tipped it enough times while building into a metrology station to know... I woukd have heard that.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:58 pm

redstopgreengo123 wrote:The potential receipt has what looks like a combination string, but I can't get it to open.

That's the date of purchase, not the combination. 29th December 1987.

I'm sure someone that remember the formula can translate your code into the combination. Unfortunately I've forgotten it.

Good luck
<<

jcooley

Post Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 am

I inherited a Cole file safe from my father-in-law. I have the key for the cabinet to the safe. Trying to figure out how to get into the safe, I don't think there is anything in it, but would like to be able to use it. Code on the back behind the drawers is N-505129 the combination dial is 3 inches. Any help decoding the the code would be appreciated.
<<

IggyMoss

Post Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:53 pm

Hello, I'm Bret and I'm in East San Diego County. I have also come into possession of this Cole Steel cabinet with small safe. I've read through this thread a couple times and, like an earlier poster, am not clear on how to use the 6 digit number to determine the combination. The number written inside behind the drawers is N208814. It is a 3" diameter. Any help getting this one open is greatly appreciated.

IMG_4508.jpg
IMG_4504.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:59 pm

Bump
"View topic - Cole combination lock on file cabinets :: .:: Keypicking :: Anything And Everything For Locksmiths, Hobbyist Lock Pickers, Locksport, Lock Picking, lockpicks, cutaways and Security. Simply The Best Lockpicking Forum Around! •" viewtopic.php?f=100&t=13715

Best alternative
After reading this interesting topic on forum for many years
Maybe It's time to draw a line under this once and for all unless it's a ... proven formula that works .
Maybe Greg as cracked it and would like to pm me the details . :razz:

Ringo
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

GregWhitney

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:45 pm

IggyMoss wrote:Hello, I'm Bret and I'm in East San Diego County. I have also come into possession of this Cole Steel cabinet with small safe. I've read through this thread a couple times and, like an earlier poster, am not clear on how to use the 6 digit number to determine the combination. The number written inside behind the drawers is N208814. It is a 3" diameter. Any help getting this one open is greatly appreciated.

IMG_4508.jpg
IMG_4504.jpg

PM set to IggyMoss
<<

GregWhitney

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:50 pm

jcooley wrote:I inherited a Cole file safe from my father-in-law. I have the key for the cabinet to the safe. Trying to figure out how to get into the safe, I don't think there is anything in it, but would like to be able to use it. Code on the back behind the drawers is N-505129 the combination dial is 3 inches. Any help decoding the the code would be appreciated.

PM sent to jcooley
<<

jcooley

Post Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:28 am

I was able to get the safe open.
Thank you
<<

IggyMoss

Post Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:09 am

Many thanks to GregWhitney and bitbuster! I was able to get into the safe. Unfortunately didn't find any treasure, but my son is excited to have safe place for his most prized fishing lures.
<<

sunnydaysahead

Post Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:28 pm

Hi all, looking for some decode help here. Have the diameter, serial number, and background info I can provide privately if a good lockpicking Samaritan can help me out with a PM.

By the way, is the diameter measurement supposed to include the bevel, or only the rotating dial itself?

Thank you in advance! :D
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks