FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Old Gary Safe

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Old Gary Safe

A customer just brought in an old Gary safe. This thing is beautiful, and in good condition. I just thought I would share the pics with you. I love the all brass lock and all brass 4 wheel pack.
100_0006.JPG

100_0007.JPG

100_0009.JPG

100_0011.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Old Gary Safe

Wow that is quite the item, very nice find.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm

That's a beautiful safe. What do they want u to do? Change the combo?
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm

mister sour wrote:That's a beautiful safe. What do they want u to do? Change the combo?

They want the combo found and just tighten up the screws, lube it etc. Smells like aircraft grease is what was used on it before.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Beautiful indeed! Thanks for postin' the pics... I love lookin' at shit like that!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am

She's a beauty safe - Thanks for sharing gr8 pics :drool:
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 am

My friend has the same safe not in that condition. Was that the way the inside of the door was I will get the safe if I can manipulate it to open he wants what ever might be inside it's just the dial turns hard and if I can loosen it up I might be able to get it open. I have a few Yale locks with only a right contact point I just need to get it turning better any ideas will be really grateful. The one I'm talking about the topic is bad ass safe
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:53 am

I would imagine a little light lubrication might help under the dial its self but just a very little. If it had been sitting in water and accumulated some corrosion I wouldn't hold my breath on manipulation. Oldfast would be the one to ask any further.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 am

Oh and yes that is the way it was when it came in, no rear cover for the door. Also they brought it in to have it opened. It was already unlocked but the door was so heavy they thought it was still locked. It took three of us to lift the whole thing and none of us were small.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:57 am

mdc5150 wrote:I would imagine a little light lubrication might help under the dial its self but just a very little. If it had been sitting in water and accumulated some corrosion I wouldn't hold my breath on manipulation. Oldfast would be the one to ask any further.

Thanks I did put lubrication under dial and still spins like shit thanks
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:02 am

mdc5150 wrote:Oh and yes that is the way it was when it came in, no rear cover for the door. Also they brought it in to have it opened. It was already unlocked but the door was so heavy they thought it was still locked. It took three of us to lift the whole thing and none of us were small.

I tried to pick it up I'm 61 now and I turned it on its back to see if it would help after I put graphite on after I took dial off . I'm going to open it then it's mine I just don't know how easy it will to put it my home. I know talking about safes sometimes is taboo the way it opens if I can't get the dial to spin any better I will open it and then I give the owner what's inside then take my safe home

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks