FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LC Manipulation #2 Finally Open

<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 am

LC Manipulation #2 Finally Open

I will add text later, I'm just heading out the door.
Here are my charts, I hope when I return I have some input from you gentlemen.
Basically it never opened after my optimistic first couple charts. After that I threw the data out the window and restarted the process, I seem to be on a COMPLETELY different track now so we'll see what gets it open in the end.
Thanks,
LibertyClicks

P.S. Sorry some of these aren't rotated correctly, again will fix tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Libertyclicks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: LC Manipulation #2 Struggles

How is your safe lock mounted? Is the dial ring loose?

If not, you might try using a lighter touch on the dial. The readings seem to be all over the place. Reminds me of the latest safe lock I acquired. I had similar all-over-the-place readings after mounting it. Rather than hijacking your thread, I better start one of my own for the issue I had. Just suffice it with this question... Do you know the combination, and does the lock operate correctly when you use the combination? At least has the combination worked at least once since you mounted the lock?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

GWiens2001 wrote:How is your safe lock mounted? Is the dial ring loose?
If not, you might try using a lighter touch on the dial. The readings seem to be all over the place. Reminds me of the latest safe lock I acquired. I had similar all-over-the-place readings after mounting it. Rather than hijacking your thread, I better start one of my own for the issue I had. Just suffice it with this question... Do you know the combination, and does the lock operate correctly when you use the combination? At least has the combination worked at least once since you mounted the lock?
Gordon

Thanks for your interest. When I got the lock I tested many combos and it seemed to work fine.
I don't know the current combo, but my girlfriend does and it works. I opened this lock before via manipulation. I can't explain my first graph and my first hi lo tests. I completely misread the later half of the dial (which is where I started and I don't think I warmed up) the only sound reading I got was right in the forbidden zone and my combo change girl told me she didn't use anything in that range so I discarded all my findings and restarted everything.
My second set of readings was completely different . I have no explanation for this other than I am new at this and I hadn't touched the lock in a couple days. Even now, I haven't touched it in....5 days or so and I want to pick it up again tomorrow.
LC
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 am

Wish I could offer some sound advice... but honestly, I'm on a bit of a learning curve myself lately.

And maybe what you need right now more than advice anyway... is some encouragement!
I'll tell ya right now... when it comes to locks with sporadic readings that appear & then
disappear... and wheels shadowing each other, etc...YOU'RE NOT ALONE lol.

I equate it to pickin'. It's just like when we encounter a lock with new security features...
there's always difficulties, and sometimes a long and frustrating learning curve ensues.

After awhile, if you find you're making no progress: there's no shame in working a known combination.
There's alot that can be learned by doing this. Again, similar to pickin'...(when we take some pins out).
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks Mike. Good to hear from ya.
Today is my last day off for a while so I'm going to spin spin spin and see if I can make some progress. When I do get the combo or give up and open up the back , I will post the combo here and have a long analysis of my charts and do some learning.
LC
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Sounds good. Lots to learn after-the-fact.... be it a success OR fail.
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 pm

well I amplified my figures and I thought I was making progress , so here is another chart, and there is some mini charts as well on there.
I wrote on a different chart "Nope" beside 67.5. I have no clue why I did that. But since nothing has worked so far I'll assume 67.5 was never a number and I will move on with my other amplified numbers of 26 and 44.
I think my hi lo tests put them on wheel 3 and 2 respectively. This leaves only 50 combos to dial on wheel 1 assuming I have the other numbers correct which I'm not sure I do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Been really sifting through your graphs. Yeah, I can see what you've been dealing with.
Such varied readings can make things very difficult. I'm looking forward to more updates.

In your first post, last graph: you had gone through twice taking readings. Black ink, then blue ink.
What were you doing there? I assume you were trying a couple of different techniques of taking
readings? Varying how you approach the contact points in an effort to get more consistant readings?

I was on my phone at the time, so it was difficult to pan around such large pics to really digest the
entire picture.... so forgive me if I've completely missed something. I'll be revisting my LaGard soon.
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm

In my last post I said I would brute force the remaining number which my confusing notes lead me to believe was NOT 67.5. SO I reviewed all my notes for hints as to what I had done and why to try and solidify the order of the numbers.
I thought I had the order as X 44 26 so I tried every 2 increments of the whole dial for wheel 1 and it never opened.
So after going around in circles many times, putting it down, coming back to it, getting confused by my own notes, I made some progress.
After revisiting my old notes I was looking at some numbers which I then amplified
26 44 65. I'm not sure why I wrote the word "nope" by 67.5 but that made me disregard it pretty much all day.
I also noticed that I never lo tested 42.5 from my second round of AWL. I also never test 67.5 hi or lo for whatever reason.
I hi lo test everything again, but the 26 and the 65 seem to both be on wheel3.
Well, I guess the 2nd and 3rd wheels are close in shape so they both give better readings on the other wheels when they are dialed in.
So I'm not sure which order they go in or even if they are right, but these are the numbers I continued with.
I figured 44 would be first, since 65 and 26 both read on wheel 3.
so you can see on my last page I srarted in the center of the page and went clockwise filling it with data... Some hi lo testing to get the order, then all the test combos I was trying.
These were all combos I had tried before so now I started varying the numbers a bit, I would add one here, take one away there, dialed a few options for each combination I actually wrote down. I tried the 44 - 65 combos all first, adding and taking away a bit.
An old chart I did pegged 44 on wheel 2, so I tried combos using 44 or variations of it on wheel 2 with no luck.
I hadn't tried the 26 in the middle, so I tried that next. + or - a number or two on each one.

I wrote down 43 - 26 - 63 which didn't work but two or three test combos after that I was wildly spinning and *Schlunk* it slid open.
:mrgreen:
Great! but I don't even remember what I dialed? Oh well I'm close now. I look at the page, re lock the lock, then spin again + or - some making note of each one.

OPEN: 43 - 24.5 - 63

Actual combo : 43 - 24 - 62

Oh man what a hassle. I really had given up hope but figured I better do my due diligence and try all the possible combos with the info I had. That process lead me to check the order of my numbers so I could brute force, which lead me to a gap in hi lo testing from last week and that put me right on path to get it open.

This morning I wrote "I'm reaching but 43 looks like it's on wheel 1". Yes it sure was but I didn't have enough evidence to stick with it.
44-26-65 I tried this afternoon. So close! but not close enough.

Even on graph 1 , which held F%$& all of points of interest to me at the time, I can see the dip at 27, and one at 44 . I was so blindsided by my completely messed up readings in the contact area section that I ignored all else.
Graph number two the readings were everywhere and when I really doubted something I went back and read it again and charted it on the same graph. That was a BIG mistake. Looking at it now I have NO clue what happened there.
Graph 3 - Back on the right track after taking a couple days off the lock. We see 2 of the combo numbers show up here. On the back of that sheet, I show hi lo test for those 2 numbers ( 42.5 and 27.5) I did the bare minimum hi lo testing here, when 27.5 read on the last wheel I inked it in and did hi test only on 42.5 which showed it was on wheel 2. In reality this test only showed that 42.5 is AHEAD in the combo of 27.5.
I tried 0-100 on wheel 1 without luck, then became spiteful at the lock and put it on the shelf for a week.

When I returned to it I figured I better amplify the numbers that I thought were for sure. At the time I wasn't doing this cause I doubted them, I was trying to warm up my touch for later tests. But Amping everything really let me peg the numbers a little closer to the actually combo. What I want to look at is the typical dip in the charts where the gates were, normally I would take the middle number as the actual combo number (example low spot is 40-50, then the gate would be 45 I would assume) but with this lock it seems the gate is closer to the beginning (40-50 is low, gate is at 41-42) .
Right now I never want to spin this lock again.
I'm sure tomorrow I'll be pumped for a new combo.

So there it is in unedited, unadulterated, near as I can get to real time cracking. I appreciate all posts. Everyone is welcome to question or comment.
Cheers and Beers.
LC
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Oldfast wrote:In your first post, last graph: you had gone through twice taking readings. Black ink, then blue ink.
What were you doing there? I assume you were trying a couple of different techniques of taking
readings? Varying how you approach the contact points in an effort to get more consistant readings?

Yes, so the black ink was my first time around w3 with 1 and 2 at 8.
The blue ink was when I was sure it was a point of interest, I checked every increment and took readings again.
so the blue ink was second time through with w1 and w2 at 8, and I was working every increment.

It's painful / humorous to look at all my charts now. Those "anomalies" on my first charts were the proper numbers refusing to be silenced when I was going off on the wrong path. LOL
LC
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: LC Manipulation #2 Finally Open

:salute: whew, a big solute to ya on that one. You certainly EARNED that opening!
Your diligence payed off. You should be very happy.... and very tired. lol

EDIT: Oh, also meant to comment on this....
Libertyclicks wrote:...What I want to look at is the typical dip in the charts where the gates were, normally I would take the middle number as the actual combo number (example low spot is 40-50, then the gate would be 45 I would assume) but with this lock it seems the gate is closer to the beginning (40-50 is low, gate is at 41-42)...
I agree. This is not always the case. But I find this too sometimes. The actual gate will be
right at the drop, or one increment thereafter from the direction you're coming from.

Great observation on your part.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks