FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Silca Rapid Fuse verses the standard fast blow

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:24 am

Silca Rapid Fuse verses the standard fast blow

Hi folks
Silca Rapid Fuse is the topic used
for numerous high end machines ..can we just buy the standard fast blow Fuse or not .
Should we be so concerned Is the question ..Or is it a scam to sell us a already well used product for much more money.
After searching for relavant info or data I found a company called SIBA Fuses that make a Ultra rapid ceramic Fuse only and wrong size also.

RAPID FAST QUICK.... I'm beginning to think its just word play for the same product. :geek:
Checking the amp required for current is key when choosing the correct Fuse l@@ks like as fast and slow
Are the most common fuses.

"SILCA Rapid Fuse for Key Machines - 5A (5 AMPS) - D910788ZR - Ironmongery Warehouse" https://www.ironmongerywarehouse.co.uk/ ... -d910788zr

Many suppliers offer these for sale but are they really any better than standard cheaper fast blow fuses.
At my local store I can buy 5 fast blow fuses ...for half the cost of 1 silca rapid blow Fuse.
What's the answer ..

Ringo
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:51 pm

Re: Silca Rapid Fuse verses the standard fast blow

I am not really knowledgeable on this but this video has a lot of good information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGhhdPgXG8 link in case embed isn't working

Fuses can handle a lot more than they are rated for and blow after a certain point. My guess is that the rapid fuse may have a much lower threshold and blow before a standard fast blow fuse to better protect the electronics. I would very carefully read the warranty to see if using a standard fuse would void your warranty. If you are blowing enough fuses that their cost becomes a concern I would be looking at the electricity supply as a possible problem.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:37 am

Same guy here a vid done 9 years earlier ...back from the pub :geek: :D
Took a decade to pop that 5000 amp Fuse he held up in room
Transformer melting metal ..But best to invest in a plasma cutter and alot safer

Warning absolutely no health and safety in this vid

https://youtu.be/DJOX0c60wQE
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:12 am

So I found a good electronics company to take a look at both fuses
As I wasn't having much luck with standard electrical stores.
And not convinced of the same looking Fuse wire found inside both fuses.

The company agreed and left it with them... they will do a test on one of there machines I was informed
A few days later the results are in and it's ..not what I expected :shock: SHOCKING in fact.

The fuses tested to distruction are really close ' really no difference with a laugh " quoted from the tech guy.
in future Standard fast blow Fuses for me. :soldier:

Ringo
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm

10ringo10 wrote:So I found a good electronics company to take a look at both fuses
As I wasn't having much luck with standard electrical stores.
And not convinced of the same looking Fuse wire found inside both fuses.

The company agreed and left it with them... they will do a test on one of there machines I was informed
A few days later the results are in and it's ..not what I expected :shock: SHOCKING in fact.

The fuses tested to distruction are really close ' really no difference with a laugh " quoted from the tech guy.
in future Standard fast blow Fuses for me. :soldier:

Ringo

Glad to hear you were able to get a definite answer and that there is no difference.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to Supplies