FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locksmith Advice Needed

<<

CaylinBrooke

Post Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:24 am

Locksmith Advice Needed

Sorry is this is missplaced, I hope it can be moved in case I write this post in a place it does not belong to. I need an advice, I want to change my old cilinder lock to a new digital lock with fingerprint recognition. I would like to hear some advices or user experiences
<<

Visitor

Post Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 am

Re: Locksmith Advice Needed

Don't bother, not found a decent one yet.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:13 pm

I also have not seen any that are cost effective and reliable. I haven't really done any serious shopping though. These are more of a convenience than a secure device. The technology is not quite there yet.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

CaylinBrooke

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:35 am

Hotels are usually using digital locks with card ID locking system, I thought it might be the same, also I have seen some locksmiths installing digital locks with fingerprints recognition and that's why I was asking. The only one thing I am afraid of is what will happen if the light goes down or what can happen in case of power Surge? will it disable the lock or the door will be locked and I won't be able to get it? I'll order a digital lock from locksmith hounslow as I found some great reviews and recommendations
<<

OutillageSerrurier

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:50 am

CaylinBrooke wrote:Sorry is this is missplaced, I hope it can be moved in case I write this post in a place it does not belong to. I need an advice, I want to change my old cilinder lock to a new digital lock with fingerprint recognition. I would like to hear some advices or user experiences

In my opinion, you should stick to a non-digital cylinder, but if you relay what to change it then VisorTech are pretty decent in my opinion.
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:10 pm

CaylinBrooke wrote:Hotels are usually using digital locks with card ID locking system, I thought it might be the same, also I have seen some locksmiths installing digital locks with fingerprints recognition and that's why I was asking. The only one thing I am afraid of is what will happen if the light goes down or what can happen in case of power Surge? will it disable the lock or the door will be locked and I won't be able to get it? I'll order a digital lock from locksmith hounslow as I found some great reviews and recommendations

You can often set fail secure or fail release.
Good luck with your quest, if you find somthing reliable let me know as my customers would be interested, some of them are thousands out of pocket already with loads of failed ones.
On the flip side you mention card systems which we've not had problems with along with fob and mobile phone systems.
That all said pretty much every electronic access lock ive come across are susceptible to either bypass or 'surge' attacks which I won't go into here.

Return to Euro Cylinder And Oval Locks