FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How to embed Youtube videos

Forum rules
A section for neophytes learning the hobby!

Learn the requisite skills watching videos of other experienced members in action.

Post TUTORIAL videos only!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:23 am

How to embed Youtube videos

I noticed some users were having trouble with embedding YouTube videos so I decided to do a quick tutorial.

Keypicking does not use the embed code from YouTube, we use YouTube tags that are at the right side of your text options.

For example, lets try to embed this Chat classic: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA&feature=related"

What you need is only the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA" part. If your link has the "&feature=related" or other stuff you will need to delete it. You WILL need the "http://" part or it will not work. This is the usual culprit that causes the rage.

Now press the youtube button and it will put these into the text box "[youtube][/youtube]" Put your link in between them and you should get your video to embed.

[.youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA[/youtube] (I added a period in the first tag so that it would not work so you can see what it should look like. Do not add it to yours ;))

And a successfully embedded video.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 am

Re: How to embed Youtube videos

Excellent Riy. Between you and Aedalas, we've now got a nice quick & simple write up for posting vids or pictures.

Should make it easier for everyone. And, it benefits us ALL when people are able to share their work!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am

Also, anyone who uses plugins that force HTTPS (such as HTTPS Everywhere), when you copy an HTTPS link, it will not work with the "[youtube][/youtube]" tags. Just remove the s and you will be fine.

Example:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA[/youtube]

<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 pm

nice explanation good job
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

thanks riyame, this just helped me a lot
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

More quality info from Riyame. I'm trying to do it shortly, but the video I want to upload is too long, is there a way around that? Thanks!
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Libertyclicks wrote:More quality info from Riyame. I'm trying to do it shortly, but the video I want to upload is too long, is there a way around that? Thanks!

Make it shorter?
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

Bugger , i'm running out of excuses now , better attempt a video now
Open Sez Me !
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 06, 2015 5:35 am

Awesome! Thank you very much!!! The "S" was really messing me up.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 06, 2015 9:26 am

Oldfast wrote:Excellent Riy. Between you and Aedalas, we've now got a nice quick & simple write up for posting vids or pictures.

Should make it easier for everyone. And, it benefits us ALL when people are able to share their work!

Ah, Oldfast, my old friend (well not really too old of a friend but you've always welcomed and been very friendly to me since day 1, that goes far w me) I couldn't have said it better. great info all around. Always love to see the old guard unafraid and willing to give advise and praise to some of the newer members on here. that's what keep this site miles above the rest. So a big thanks to all the good guys and gals on here. After browsing the deep web I can see how very important civility and constructive criticism are when maintaining a good social network with good people. And a big THANK YOU to all the owners, mods, members new an old who make this site the greatest picking site in world.

k well looks like ive derailed this thread enough, just felt that it needed to be said :D carry on gentlemen :uzi: :loony:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.

Return to Tutorials