FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Masterlock dialSpeed padlock

<<

Anavaree

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Masterlock dialSpeed padlock

So I was shopping at Lowes the other day and came across this. I am not sure if anybody else has seen this but I haven't found any post on the forum.

it was $20, pricey for a padlock and I think the packaging is about $10 worth of that.
Really nice box but a little excessive. It has a 1GB jump drive with it that has access codes to the Masterlock "VAULT" what appears to be a pay site for data backup. It is a very nice looking little jump drive.

The lock feels really nice, heavy and solid feeling. the touch pad on the front is smooth but doesn't give very good feedback to the button presses.
You have 1 master code and can set 3 visitor codes. the length is 4-6 presses. done in left, right, up, down combination. the visitor codes cannot program the lock, only the master code can.
The touch-pad lights up when you use it. i tried uploading a video of the lights, but i am not having any luck.

It has a bunch of different light patterns according to what the hell you've done to it.
There are a bunch of letters and numbers around the bezel which mean nothing...

Flip it over and you see a very solid looking case back.

I really want to drill the rivets out and see whats inside but I don't want to lose the $20. Still might happen though.

When the lock opens it makes a fine little clicking as it fires its servo and stays open for 5 seconds before re-locking.

I machined out the rivets holding the case back on but have yet to tale the pictures and do the explanation. Hopefully i will get to that soon.

~Jesse
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Re: Masterlock dialSpeed padlock

Have one on the way from Master. Paid $25 :whip:

Did not see them at my Lowe's. Were they with the other padlocks??

Thanks,
Ed
<<

Anavaree

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Masterlock dialSpeed padlock

Ed, they were on am endcap over by the bins full of drawer hardware, 2 isles away from the locks. I got mine for $20.

Return to Product Reviews