FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gera 6500mc

<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:55 am

Gera 6500mc

Hi guys,
today I bought a Gera 6500mc. The special thing about this lock is , that is has one springless chamber with a pin, which needs to be lifted up by a magnet in the key.

I think that this "magnet pin" can easly be bypassed by turning the lock upsite down. If it's in a door you may need something like magnetic pick or a small magnet which fits in the keyway.

picked:
<<

Gonewild

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Gera 6500mc

thats some crazy shit right there. I havnt seen one like that before.. Thanks for posting
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Cool lock!!
What did it cost? I might want one as well ;)
Started picking on 23 Feb 2009. Current Stats: Picked 164 different locks so far.
Latest Victory: ABUS EC75/50
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks guys,

l0ckp1cker wrote:Cool lock!!
What did it cost? I might want one as well ;)

I bought it for arround 30 € at a local store. In the net you can find it for 20€.

here , but it's a german website:
http://www.siko-shop.de/product_info.ph ... inder.html
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:00 pm

Great job picking that one. Biting looks a challenge. The pictures are great too. If you did want to make a magnetic pick to work on a mounted lock, you could cut the little bugger out of one of the keys and try to mount it... I don't know how strong it is, but instead of that mess, have you tried magnetizing your hook pick like you would a screwdriver?

In the drawing the pin stack appears to be held up by thin air to the same height as the key pins in the spring chambers... how is it held up to the same height? There can't be enough magnetic pull to grab a pin from even a few mm away with that tiny magnet, so it's not resting on the bottom of a full chamber. Is the springless chamber shorter than the others, or... magic? :lol: I mean the left side has a clear line through the pin in the springless chamber, but it's not drawn the same way the other pins are where they meet, and it's absent on the right side. Illustating error, or what am I missing?

-Tooly
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:Great job picking that one. Biting looks a challenge. The pictures are great too. If you did want to make a magnetic pick to work on a mounted lock, you could cut the little bugger out of one of the keys and try to mount it... I don't know how strong it is, but instead of that mess, have you tried magnetizing your hook pick like you would a screwdriver?

Thanks, not yet I'm going to try to magnetize my pick later. If magnetizing the pick doesn't work i may cut the magnet out of a spare key.I think the magnet in the key is quite strong for its size:

ToolyMcgee wrote:In the drawing the pin stack appears to be held up by thin air to the same height as the key pins in the spring chambers... how is it held up to the same height? There can't be enough magnetic pull to grab a pin from even a few mm away with that tiny magnet, so it's not resting on the bottom of a full chamber. Is the springless chamber shorter than the others, or... magic? :lol: I mean the left side has a clear line through the pin in the springless chamber, but it's not drawn the same way the other pins are where they meet, and it's absent on the right side. Illustating error, or what am I missing?

Lol didn't realised that :D. I think it's an illustrating error. I found a picture on the website of Gera which makes more sence to me:

"to prefent lock bumping" or "against lockbumping"
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:59 pm

I gutted this lock: the first chamber was empty because it was the springless chamber but the second was also empty :shock: . In the other champers where regulars and some spool pins. I also gutted the other side of the cylinder, in the second champer were some "pins" which are usually used if you want to master key the lock. I guess that the second chamber on the side which i gutted first was empty because the pins fell out while i turned the picked plug. Haven't found the pins which fell out yet. LOL

pictures:

spooled barrel pin?

the "small pins", both were in the same chamber

You don't even need to magnetize your pick, because the pin in the springless chamber also has a magnet:

If you use a bumpkey made out of a steel blank the lock is not even bump proof anymore.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:39 am

mentOosmann wrote:Lol didn't realised that :D. I think it's an illustrating error. I found a picture on the website of Gera which makes more sence to me:

Cool, more great pictures. Thank you, that really makes it easier to understand. The magnet is anti bump protection against nickel plated brass bump keys, and the pick protection is in the spooled barrel drivers. So, is the magnet in the pin as strong at the one in the key? The steel pick gets close and it jumps up to stick on it :) Seems like the magnet pin sliding on the pick shaft would be annoying while you were trying to work the rest of the stacks into position. Or does it keep coming off and clicking back onto the pick? Sounds like a fun lock.

-Tooly
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 am

Those spooled barrel drivers look crazy as hell, I bet they are hard as hell to pick? Are they?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:51 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:So, is the magnet in the pin as strong at the one in the key?

Yes it's as strong as the magnet in the key.
ToolyMcgee wrote:Seems like the magnet pin sliding on the pick shaft would be annoying while you were trying to work the rest of the stacks into position. Or does it keep coming off and clicking back onto the pick? Sounds like a fun lock.

No big deal, you only need to lift the magnet pin once from above, to the sherline. The other pins have to be picked from the side, there is not enough space in the keyway, so the pick and the magnet pin don't "meet" again. If they meet again it doesn't disturb your movements.

the lockpickkid wrote:Those spooled barrel drivers look crazy as hell, I bet they are hard as hell to pick? Are they?

They just feel like standart spools. The upper and lower serrations on the pin are very shallow. You don't even feel them while setting the pins.

Hope you guys understand my english (LOL).
<<

TheOneGE

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

mmm that looks so nice. Amazing pictures, you're english is better than most people I know lol. How would one go about locating that lock I'd love to give it a few fail trys. Your explanations also helped alot.
Current Project: 40mm disc detainer/Kaba dimple lock.
Last Picked: American Lock series 5200.
Interested in: Medeco anything.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/theonege]Bad-assery in there.[/url]
"You gotta be like water man" Bruce Lee

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks