FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New member from France

<<

qikom

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

New member from France

Hi to you all!

I started picking again a few month ago, after forgetting all about it for almost 20 years! (At the time when the only available document was "The MIT guide to lockpicking"...) I had been inspired after reading R. Feynmann's autobiography...
I am mostly picking european cylinders and a few local padlocks. I can usually deal with spool pins and my next goals are to SPP open our local milestones : Vachette V5 (with rather tight keyway) and TESA TE5 (with chamfered pins).

I am a member of the French forum and thought I'd visit some of the other forums, to see what happens elsewhere to keep in touch with the rest of the community.
I probably won't post a lot around here, but I'll try to come from time to time...
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: New member from France

Welcome! You are lucky - a lot of very fine locks come from France, and many others are more easily found in Central Europe as opposed to in the United States.

If you are interested in trading locks, you should have little trouble finding people who want to trade with you. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Dean Thatcher

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Welcome to the site. Lots of nice and well informed people here to answer questions and help.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Welcome! Glad you're here :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

qikom

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

GWiens2001 wrote:If you are interested in trading locks, you should have little trouble finding people who want to trade with you. :)

Could do...
I don't pick many padlocks: the ones I find are usually much harder than the cylinders I find. And so far, my cylinders are mostly basic ones. Half of them have spools, but that the best... Serrated pins are apparently much less common around here! (Some have rather tight keyways though.)
But then, I guess those cylinders would look as exotic to US pickers as American padlocks (or whatever that is not Master Lock) look to me! :)
If shipping is not prohibitive, I'd welcome the diversity...

Return to Introduce Yourself