FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Well, the time has come

<<

flywheel

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Well, the time has come

twenglish 1 wrote:i think i read that the one with the centered wedges is the medico classic? and the other is a biaxial?

You got it.
The mortise on the left is the biaxial. The circular logo is an axial view of the offset chisel pins.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Which one would be best to start with? i have tried picking both of them and cant get anywhere, what a surprise haha
<<

flywheel

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:05 pm

I would progressively pin the lock with the most open keyway. In your case it appears to be the Classic on the right.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:14 pm

that is what i will do, both of these locks seem to be gunked up, what is the best solution to clean them? i was thinking of dissasembling and soaking in some kind of solvent maybe?
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:11 pm

The cool thing about Medeco's is that you can completely disassemble them without having the key. That makes them so accessable to play with.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 am

Medeco.JPG

Your post has inspired me to get my own Medeco.
How is your progress?
I plan on removing all but one pin, and then progressively add more pins.
Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:44 pm

I have had very little success with either of them, i seem to be getting a better feel for when the pins are correctly rotated, well to either a true gate or a false gate, still cant seem to tell the difference, i read in a thread on here, that the "wiggle factor" is used to determine proper pin rotation, basically it says that you pulse CCW tension(this binds the sidebar first) and you slowly rotate each pin, and the plug will wiggle more with the more pins that are correctly aligned if i am understanding it correctly, that most i have been able to do is 2 pinstacks, i even tried picking my classic with the side bar removed and with all 5 pinstacks in place and i was unable to pick it, i think i need a lower profile pick, i have found that with my classic, the pins rest almost to the bottom of the keyway, and a few of them set very low making it hard to reach other pins with the already low clearance
Previous

Return to Lock Picking