FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Question About Ruko Need Your Advice & New Tools

<<

UN-locked1

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Question About Ruko Need Your Advice & New Tools

Hi guys today I received an amazing new gutting tools from Mike pergl (fellow lock picker ) from Checz rebulic the tools allow me to gut EURO profile locks without snapping in so I decided to gutt an RUKO that I picked easily surprisingly to find wafers and masterpins
My question is
If I remove the wafers and master pins will it be harder to pick or would the lock not operate
Why was there a master PIN over a driver in the 4 hole or could that be a mistake wen gutting guys I would appreciate your advice I don't want to do anything to mess this lock up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:59 am

Re: Question About Ruko Need Your Advice & New Tools

As long as there is a spring and two pins in every chamber, the lock will work. You're right: more master pins means more shear lines, less difficult to pick.

go ahead and have fun :-)
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 am

Hey mate, Did you just make a video about the package you received? I forget your yt name. Yes anything extra in a lock makes it easier. A key pin and driver in each chamber make 1 shear line which is what you want. The locksmith who master pinned this lock, put the driver on top of the Assa driver in 4 because he didnt want to compromise the security of that Assa pin.

You also meantioned in the video and now here that without this tool you need to snap Euros in half to gut them. Why? What am I missing? Because as far as I know you do know you don't need to snap them. You need to cut a dowel into piece as big as the cam and piece by piece slide them in while sliding the plug out. Same goes for assembly.
<<

UN-locked1

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:19 am

Thanks Glenb I just got the pinning shoe so should I take the wafer out of 4driver as well to make picking harder
My you tube name is j.j.80 lockpicking yes I made the video I'm going to reassemble and repick
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:34 am

If you dont have a key, then remove all of the extra wafers but if you do then only remove that extra driver in 4
<<

UN-locked1

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks papa Glen was looking at your homebrew picks llove them especially the dimple I love brass handles three of my homebrews the best ones have brass handles I made the picks with starett deeper gauge 0.25 but I sanded two of them to 0.19 to fit in them tight keyways check out my channel I show them

I'm currently working on a Deforest and thinking of making a dimple pick. I was thinking using music wire
Can you please give me any suggestions on what you think would be best. In England it's harder to get wider wiper inserts or street sweeper bristles if you do have a chance please check out my you tube channel you'll find it in the lockpicking videos section thank you

Return to Lock Picking