FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picked up a cheap set of disk detainer picks

<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Picked up a cheap set of disk detainer picks

Picked up my first set of disk detainer picks, one for front tensioned locks and one for rear tensioned locks, haven't had had a chance to try them yet, waiting for a cheap disk detainer lock I ordered to arrive, paid about $10 for the pair (Chinese obviously) they had good reviews people just said they need some file work done to them, will update when my lock arrives, never picked a disk detainer before
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Picked up a cheap set of disk detainer picks

I just ordered that set also...keep us posted , i'm anxious to hear the results.
Thanks Matt :mrgreen:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:52 pm

This is the lock I purchased: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 60&alt=web

It appears to be one of the cheap Chinese locks you can pry the retaining plate off and dump the guts out, not very secure if you ask me haha
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:16 pm

I got that set through Dhgate a while back and a lock similar to what twenglish1 posted. My bottom tensioning one was bent and I am not sure if it will be usable and wasn't worth hassling over. The other was fine and I picked the lock with some struggling but filing the tip and smoothing the other surfaces could make a big difference. Overall not too bad a value to get a start on this type of lock.
(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:38 pm

My bottom tensioning one also appears slightly bent, I'm amazed it wasn't worse due to the lack of packing material, it was delivered in a plastic bubble wrap envelope, why is filing required? Don't fit the lock well? Or do the rough edges mask feedback?
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:My bottom tensioning one also appears slightly bent, I'm amazed it wasn't worse due to the lack of packing material, it was delivered in a plastic bubble wrap envelope, why is filing required? Don't fit the lock well? Or do the rough edges mask feedback?

The "pick tip" is a bit large. Mines tough to move through the stack with out disturbing disks. I haven't done it yet but Bosnianbill has a video where he shows his finished one on YouTube.
(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:37 pm

I watch alot of his videos, I'll have to look for it, that's where I saw him show how you can pry the retaining plate off some of the cheap Chinese locks
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:30 pm

For the price the picks are good plus keep in mind they wont get much use. They do require a fair amount of file and sanding to get them to size because the tips are thick enough to grab 2-3 discs at once which isnt what you want.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:11 pm

I watched his videos on them and I'm gonna get to work cleaning them up, I'll post pictures of the finished product

Return to Lock Picking