FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:18 pm

Re: What have you picked today

Great job on the Schlage. Those guys can be tricky sometimes. Sometimes they have all 6 pins and can be nasty.

Got four more of the American 1305's open. "Real" picks make ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. I still haven't found the "trick" to opening them. Mostly seems like luck. Was watching Farscape and click, click, deep false.. Nope - open. They have a stupid strong return spring. Takes a pocket screwdriver or two tension wrenches to open.... Gotta buy prybars~~~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

madsamurai

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Today we got a bunch of transfers in from one of our other stores that closed recently, including a big box of Master Pro Series 7045 padlocks with exactly zero keys. It was a slow day at work, so of course I just had to...
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 pm

WOW that is a sexy bunch o locks. Gutted one yet?
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:04 am

Well done, guys! A bunch of the same locks is less fun than a bunch of different ones. But it really teach you how the lock feel and all its tricks. Next time you find one, it would be easier!
A pile of open padlocks is always cool!

Cheers :)
<<

madsamurai

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 am

Hoarder wrote:WOW that is a sexy bunch o locks. Gutted one yet?

I did, but no pics because we're using them... 5 pins, 4 spools in the front and 1 serrated at the back. They're all keyed the same, but they each pick a little differently, so still a good time.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Great job! You're right about the picking different. It can make for a frustrating last couple locks. I'm really starting to like spools.
<<

madsamurai

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Hoarder wrote:I'm really starting to like spools.

I personally think they make things easier. Once you get a false set, the lock just tells you what to do next...
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:40 pm

Yessir. My thoughts EXACTLY! The 5 serrated American was way harder than the 4 serrated 1 spool. Were any of those masters different pins? These Americans went from 0 spools to 4 spools. More spools picked faster in rotation. If I didn't get one in a minute, I'd pick up another one. Last two were 1 spool and 0 spool.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:19 pm

Finally got electricity and interwebz back. Mother Nature supplied plenty of fire wood, everywhere. Picked two cheapie belwith 40mm, two master No.5's, and Finally got the YALE MIRR open under candle light. Scraped sooo much crud out of the newly opened shank hole. Cleaning suggestions welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thegurkha

Post Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:13 pm

A Squire 35 Stronglock that's been giving me trouble for a while, and today I got my first two opens with it, SPP.

Judging by the counter-rotation it must have some security pins in it, which came as a surprise. I also had to use more tension than I normally apply.

I think what helped was getting a re-pinnable cutaway lock with extra pins, including some spool pins. That let me figure out what to do with false sets and counter-rotation.

(That's a victory for a noob.)
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 pm

I'm not at all familiar with that lock but Congrats. I have two Master No. 5 locks. One can be raked or SPP'ed in 10 seconds, the other has not been successfully raked and takes me about two minutes to SPP. Your lock may be an anomaly.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:02 pm

ooh I think that is an old RR signal lock!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 pm

Oooh. I love everything railroad! Got 21 more American 1305's today. Gonna get a set of AM3 depth keys later and hopefully "successfully" make keys. Got 20 blanks already.

On disassembly of the 10 picked cores, these are keyed differently. Some have 5 pins, some have 6... Some are master keyed. Got SOME diversity when I go back together with 'em.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:51 am

IMG_9206.JPG
IMG_9205.JPG

Good old American padlock.
So much fun to single pin pick.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Well done buddy
Lock picking you say... it's been awhile on this thread
Must dust off my picks ..and start picking again it's been a strange few years
For us all

Godbless and good fortune (Mod Power)

Ringo
PreviousNext