FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock Slayer's Journal

<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Re: Lock Slayer's Journal

Trojan lever lock I picked up last week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:18 am

At last! :smile:

I've gotten around to doing the 3 remaining of the 7-pin ASSA Ovals I got from Railyn. That's all 6 done with 3 different keyways. Average bitting in a couple of them, and some nice challenges in the others .... all good fun.

I really wanted to nail these to try and find a knack with some funky ASSA spools I found in the first one. Just loved the buzz of nailing the 6th.

All done.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:04 am

Love those spools! Looks like light tension and possibly 'bouncing' the pick would be essential. Good job, MrA. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:56 pm

anytime MrA posts pics my love of this hobby grows stronger..Gordon, your posts as well rejuvenate my passion for picking. just thought id say thanks :smile:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Aww, shucks. :oops:

It weren't nothing. :)

Have to agree strongly about MrA's posted locks! Marduk28 is also great for finding unique locks to post.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

manskirtbrew

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:47 am

My first open of an American lock. Easy bitting, but a great confidence builder.

<<

manskirtbrew

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:23 am

My second American, right behind it! This one's a 1205. Last one was 1105. I may be getting the feel for these serrated pins.

<<

manskirtbrew

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2014 3:36 pm

After much swearing--both in my office and chat (sorry guys)--my third American falls.

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:12 pm

MrAnybody.... I love it!! VERY NICE PICKIN'. Are the chambers counter-milled on those?

manskirtbrew... You've gotta be pumped :) I know I was when I finally got a couple picked.

a proper thank you for all the gut shots! Proceed good Sirs :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Manskirtbrew - do you use TOK tension?
<<

manskirtbrew

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Oldfast wrote:manskirtbrew... You've gotta be pumped :) I know I was when I finally got a couple picked.

I am SERIOUSLY pumped! So pumped that I set out to pick every American in my collection. AND I DID! I'll post gutted pix of everything soon.

It's a little blurry. Left to right: 1105, 1105, 1205, 5200, 50.

I used TOK tension for all of them. While I prefer BOK tension when I can, I find it's a lot easier to navigate the American keyways without the tension tool in the way.
<<

Neilau

Post Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm

It's amazing how a lock (or particular type/model) will give you grief for a while, then you pop one and all the others just fall in no time - once you get the feel for them.

Also, once you get the feel for a difficult lock that "feel" seems to extend to other locks.

Well done.

Another step up.

It's a real BUZZ - yes! :hbg:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 am

rerun12 wrote:anytime MrA posts pics my love of this hobby grows stronger..Gordon, your posts as well rejuvenate my passion for picking. just thought id say thanks :smile:

That's cool news. Many thanks for your kind words, Ken

Oldfast wrote:MrAnybody.... I love it!! VERY NICE PICKIN'. Are the chambers counter-milled on those?

Many thanks, Oldfast. None of the chambers are counter-milled on these ....... thankfully :D Great fun :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue May 13, 2014 3:00 am

manskirtbrew wrote:
Oldfast wrote:manskirtbrew... You've gotta be pumped :) I know I was when I finally got a couple picked.

I am SERIOUSLY pumped! So pumped that I set out to pick every American in my collection. AND I DID! I'll post gutted pix of everything soon.

It's a little blurry. Left to right: 1105, 1105, 1205, 5200, 50.

I used TOK tension for all of them. While I prefer BOK tension when I can, I find it's a lot easier to navigate the American keyways without the tension tool in the way.

Dude! The hits keep on coming! Really cool to see. Big congrats on nailing those Americans.

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue May 13, 2014 5:03 am

MrAnybody wrote:Dude! The hits keep on coming! Really cool to see. Big congrats on nailing those Americans.

Ain't it just like a Limey to want to see Americans taken down. ;)

Great job, MSB. Keep going!

Gordon
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking