FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking a bilock

<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am

Re: Picking a bilock

This right here is why I like this forum. Thanks guys for the replys!
I have that article by lockpickingforensics but it didnt give much info for picking.

That little piece in the center is made out of brass?? I was thinking it was stainless! Looks like making a custom tension is the consensus. Ill start with that.
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am

Farmerfreak wrote:Image
Note that it is not an HPC pick, I placed an HPC handle onto that pick.

That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Korver15 wrote:That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?

There’s a link to the older thread on the previous page which, iirc, notes that this tensioner design avoids touching the inner parts of the center nub, instead displacing force on either side of the center nub, or I think that’s the intention at least.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Korver15 wrote:That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?
I think an F shape would work ok. I turned another tool I didn't use into that, and it was already roughly that shape.
<<

Mschf

Post Mon May 09, 2016 4:53 am

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum (have been on the other for a number of years) and have had a lot of fun learning to pick these. How did you go with the bilock.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon May 09, 2016 6:20 am

BiLock is an entirely different animal than a V7. The V7s are downright easy compared to the BiLock.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Mschf

Post Thu May 12, 2016 11:46 pm

I've not had the chance to pick a Lockwood v7. Even though I live in Australia I've never seen one either. If anyone has one they'd like to sell I'd definitely be interested.

I have 2 bilocks, both are the quick change style cylinders.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 pm

I picked one of these a few days ago (https://youtu.be/qiKJqUuFM6k). From what I found, it's pretty straight forward to test for true / false gates. Tapping on the pins causes them to rattle and jiggle a bit when they're set. Just like any other sidebar system really. The largest challenge seemed to be accessing high cuts that are directly behind low cuts. Now I'm generally one who says "bitting doesn't matter", but on this particular lock, the low cuts are so low that it's very difficult to get a pick behind them. The thing I found most useful was a diamond combined with the using the "U" shaped keyway to move the pick off to the side and slide around the low cuts.

Only a sample size of 1, but thought it might help someone to mention it. I'd be interested to hear if others have found similar bahavior / challenges with these locks. Thanks a million, Josh for loaning me your lock!

PS. These are good locks. They are well-made and tricky to pick, but for the company to claim they are pick-proof is simply false. There are many perfectly pickable locks that are far more difficult than these.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 am

tumbl3r wrote: The thing I found most useful was a diamond combined with the using the "U" shaped keyway to move the pick off to the side and slide around the low cuts.

Great job man! Half diamond FTW :halfdiamond:

Cheers :)
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:17 am

tumbl3r wrote:,

-snip-

but on this particular lock, the low cuts are so low

-snip-

They're very proud of the fact that the MACS is unrestricted and so quite a lot of the Bilocks have what on a normal pin tumbler lock would be quite radical bitting.

Mind you, an awful lot are mastered as well because this was always a premium system and was/is mostly bought by institutional and corporate buyers, rather than Joe Lunchpail wanting a higher security front door lock.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 am

Oh man marketing blurb like "virtually unpickable" (Abloy, Baton) and "unpickable" (Kensington, Bilock) are my favourite terms! I like the Bilock but it is another lock that has had a remarkably easy ride over the last 10 years or so, for such a simple design. When I get the time I have a few Bilock tools I wish to make. I am aiming for < 1 minute opening time. I do not think this is unreasonable, with the right tooling. Wish me luck ;-)
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 am

huxleypig wrote:Oh man marketing blurb like "virtually unpickable" (Abloy, Baton)

Since it's just marketing blurb, when can we expect the video of you picking a Protec? :-)

I've seen claims that John Falle sells a generic decoder for BiLock. Basically the same principle as various lever lock tools - set each pin to a given position and test if it's in a true or false gate. Apparently it uses a make-up key system where you make cuts in pre-scored metal strips. Might be something to try to emulate...
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Patrick Star wrote:
huxleypig wrote:Oh man marketing blurb like "virtually unpickable" (Abloy, Baton)

Since it's just marketing blurb, when can we expect the video of you picking a Protec? :-)

I've seen claims that John Falle sells a generic decoder for BiLock. Basically the same principle as various lever lock tools - set each pin to a given position and test if it's in a true or false gate. Apparently it uses a make-up key system where you make cuts in pre-scored metal strips. Might be something to try to emulate...

I suspect that the video of a Protec picking will be a long time coming, no matter what the status of the tool.

Yeah, I know the Falle tool for Bilock. Those pre-cut strips are awesome. I have no interest in emulating Falle's tools, brilliant though many of them are. No need. :smile:
<<

Prodigy

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 pm

it has been a while , but I'm back online again !
Bi-lock is an unusual animal and I totally enjoyed designing tools to open them. there is serious reasons for not exposing tooling. The BI-Lock tool has been the LOCH NESS monster tool. heard stories, seen pictures else where and met people who has actually held and seen it.
Previous

Return to Bi-Lock