FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

You know What Really Grinds My Gears........ USPS

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:47 pm

You know What Really Grinds My Gears........ USPS

So I have been off the grid for some time in the lockpicking world due to being busy with work and family. Well i decide I am going to replace all of my picks and start back in. I contact Peterson order several items to get going again $245.00 worth sent usps insured. I track the item number it says delivery for friday the 28th, The day comes and goes and usps tells me it is being delayed and sent back to san diego to hold and will go out tomorrow 4/29. I wait around the driver brings me an Empty USPS package with a note that says arrived empty with a clean cut down the side the only thing in the envelope was my invoice. I sent Ken an email turns out only insured for $59 bucks. $100 bucks says the guy delivering yesterday opened it and that is why it was delayed. Any suggestions on USPS when package arrives opened like this.
I ordered
1. Kens Gov Steel Pick Set
2. Mini Pick Set C
3. Peterson Pry Bar
4. Lifter Pick
5. American bypass tool
6. Euro picks Slenders 0.018
Lot of good picks in someone elses hands tonight, I done ranting for now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: You know What Really Grinds My Gears........ USPS

Damn, man, that really sucks. Welcome back to the forum.

As a seller and shipper it is up to Ken to ensure that all packages are fully insured. If he tells you that you will not get a refund or a replacement order, I would file a claim with your credit card company. What kind of idiot ships stuff like that in a padded envelope? A small flat rate box is much better. He will have to be the one that works with USPS.

I would try contacting the Post Master of your local Post Office and filing a complaint, saying that shipping was delayed a day and the item came the next day cut open. That is obviously theft by one of their workers, no way it was ripped on machinery. Also, when something like that happens there should have been somebody making a note of it on the files so they should be able to track when/where it happened.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:59 pm

Riyame - Ken said that it is not his fault he will give me a 50 credit to reorder, I agree Flat rate small box is best way to ship picks and small locks it is cheap and sturdy. I filed a claim with USPS and ken has his assistant gonna call usps on monday, I think I am gonna bring the package in also to a local usps branch and show them , and yes it is obvious theft, it is not torn in any way from sorting equipment it is clean cut striaght thru both side all the way across. This has had me fired up all day. Usps online wont even let you fill out a missing mail form until 7 days post shipping which is stupid, by that time if it fell out etc it is long gone in lost and found or in the delivery drivers pocket or tool chest at home.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 am

A $50 credit? LOL. If he won't reship your order file the claim. It is pretty much guaranteed to get a full refund. It is HIS responsibility as a merchant to make sure you get the product you ordered. It is HIS fault that the box was not insured for the full value. It is HIS fault that it was not packed properly. Using light you can see what is inside those envelopes. It is also cheaper to ship a small flat rate.

Maybe this is exactly what he needs to learn how to properly pack stuff but I doubt it will make a difference.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:29 am

It is Kens fault for not properly insuring the shipment, file a claim with your CC company. As for the mail theft, that's a thing to talk with the post office.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 am

WTF now I'm mad too!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 am

:bird: Go 4 chan on there asses
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 am

I can guess why he didn't bother with purchasing extra insurance. He would never get the money from USPS. I've had many problems with them, and their insured by some outside company who makes it their business to never pay out (oh wait, like most insurance companies these days). Of course if it happens enough he may be able to send angry legal letters, but that's about it. Also keep in mind that packing/shipping insurance is usually only in the case of total loss of the package. If a scrap of it gets there, it likely isn't covered. Damage (which this could somehow stupidly be considered legally) is only guaranteed by UPS/FedEx in my experience if you take it to one of their stores and pay them to pack the package.

For you, I would definitely file a CC claim (and I say this as a guy who has an online business...unfortunately for us, this is just the cost of doing business). It costs him all of what in materials? OK, maybe ask you to pay postage again to help him out may have been reasonable IMO.

Sucks to cut ties with Peterson, but I've had my experiences with him as well that make me look towards Sparrows for any future orders even with the small risk of customs seizure.
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 am

Not sure about how it works in the USA, but in the UK, stealing from the royal mail, usually means prison. If it were in the UK, the police would be the first people I would call if there had been a theft.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am

If you paid by credit card, you can initiate a chargeback since you didn't receive your items. I've had packages that arrived in an open state, but flat rate shipping boxes and mummified boxes have all arrived without mishap. All of my shipments from Peterson have arrived in a timely manner, but maybe the process for international mail is less prone to theft than in-country delivery. That envelope in your picture looks like it was cut open - I wonder why the even bothered to deliver the envelope?
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:46 pm

I used paypal so I have sent a chargeback, dispute to them, they State they are giving Ken 10 days to correct and gather more info.
<<

JIMBETHYNAME

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Not reading many good things about Peterson on the web these days. Hope you get it all straightened out, still SUCKS though.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I worked for USPS and saw a lot of 'broken' packages. If yours was cut, then I'd call the Postal Inspectors office.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Corey!! Soooo nice to see you again. It really is.
I've always enjoyed your company around here.

So sorry to hear about this shitty situation though.
I've always (and still do) appreciate Peterson tools.

It's unfortunate, but true that there's been issues with QC
in the companies recent past (which seems to be getting
better from some of the more recent reviews)... and now
you've brought to light some 'not so good' shipping practices.

For the sake of awareness, I think it wise to cross-link these 2 threads.
Peterson's Significant Downgrade: viewtopic.php?p=101114#p101114

Again, welcome home my friend! Glad life has allowed you more time. :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks for the link Old fast, I asked the above poster bitbuster for some tips when contacting postal inspector, hopefully i get somewhere with it, Ken called me at like 3am his time to talk about the situation only to offer the shitty solution he did, and then started to change the subject jabbering about drugs because I work for a drug and alcohol rehab, he said his assistant should be contacting on monday. We will see. Hopefully it will be resolved I will get a few good picks back in the mail and start in on some good pins.

Oldfast wrote:Corey!! Soooo nice to see you again. It really is.
I've always enjoyed your company around here.

So sorry to hear about this shitty situation though.
I've always (and still do) appreciate Peterson tools.

It's unfortunate, but true that there's been issues with QC
in the companies recent past (which seems to be getting
better from some of the more recent reviews)... and now
you've brought to light some 'not so good' shipping practices.

For the sake of awareness, I think it wise to cross-link these 2 threads.
Peterson's Significant Downgrade: viewtopic.php?p=101114#p101114

Again, welcome home my friend! Glad life has allowed you more time. :D
Next

Return to Random Banter