FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from Wyoming USA

<<

Cooper

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 am

Hello from Wyoming USA

Hello I am Cooper from Laramie Wyoming. I have been a lock hobbiest for over twenty years. I started doing this when everyone was convinced it was illegal and, if you were not a Locksmith, you has to learn it from old "Eddie the Wire" books that were sold by nefarious publishers along side the Anarchists Cook Book. I am glad to see it has become a more respected hobby since then!

I'm also a writer and my second novel was a crime thriller about a safe cracker. I did my best to make a heist novel that didn't drift too far into the "Fantasy" realm as so many have become. I kept it all pretty accurate albeit a little "out of date." I will soon be working on the sequel so I hope this site and its members can help get me up to date with what's new. And you guys can also keep me honest!

Check out the site if you like. http://the-boxman.com/ I'm always looking for suggestions. Oh and, sadly I didn't know about you guys when I was running this contest but If anyone wants to have a go I would love to hear your solution to these floor plans... http://the-boxman.com/2012/08/19/are-yo ... astermind/ I was honestly a little disappointed with the entries but some of you might have some fun with it.

That is about it. I have an opportunity to crack an antique safe for a publicity stunt but I'll post my questions on that in the Safe and Combination Lock forum.

Thanks!

P.S. I love the Smiley's around here! :offestdiamond: :longhook: :razz:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am

Re: Hello from Wyoming USA

Welcome. I made the pin/pick smilies just for this site, glad you like them!

Also, interesting website.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 am

Welcome!!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome! Just spent some time on your site. Very interesting stuff.
I'm glad you're here... I believe you have alot to offer to the forum.

p.s. can't wait to hear more about opening this antique safe... if you decide to do it.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Cooper

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. Glad you like the site...hope to improve on it soon. Also I'll get that info on the Antique safe posted within a day. I have been reading your stuff Oldfast and it is very informative and helpful!
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks. My latest obsession is safe manipulation... something that has intrigued me for YEARS.
viewtopic.php?p=64132#p64132 I'm just getting started in it all... but REALLY enjoying it.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Welcome!
Love the contest on your site. I know it's too late but I might play around with it later...
<<

Cooper

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

That would be awesome. I'd still be happy to send one of my lockpick business cards for a good one but sadly the t-shirt budget is spent.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Welcome from Arizona!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Capt_Tom

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 am

Welcome Cooper.

I have a friend in Laramie. I won't mention his last name, but most people recognize his first name: CHART. He used to have the Marine/RV/Snow machine dealership across from "The Beanery". Great guy! I will have to look at your site. I hope that you enjoy the forum.

Tom
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome to the site! I also visited your website. Cool stuff. Like you. there wasn't much more than encyclopedia cut-away drawings to help me along when I was learning to pick locks. I'm older than the internet, so I taught myself at first.

My favorite novel was Chreighton's "The Great Train Robbery". What's your title? I'll read it if it's still available.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Cooper

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 am

magician59 wrote:Welcome to the site! I also visited your website. Cool stuff. Like you. there wasn't much more than encyclopedia cut-away drawings to help me along when I was learning to pick locks. I'm older than the internet, so I taught myself at first.

My favorite novel was Chreighton's "The Great Train Robbery". What's your title? I'll read it if it's still available.

The title is Boxman. It is available on Kindle now. http://www.amazon.com/Boxman-ebook/dp/B ... rds=boxman

I'll be getting it up on the B&N Nook soon and I should start getting some hard copies out shortly after that as well.

Great to meet someone else who has been doing this the Dar Ages(pre-internet) It is awesome to have a community like this.People can learn the craft a lot quicker and I am hoping it will improve my Knowelge Skills & Abilities so that my next book will be a bit more "Updated."

BRW, This goes out to anyone. Is the Biaxial Cylinder still a monster? Or has it's place on the top of the heap fallen?

p.s. I haven't read "The Great Train Robbery" but I'll put it on my list with that recommendation!

Return to Introduce Yourself